Saturday, February 20, 2010

The passing of a loved one

Well I know this is a blog for my travels but last night my grandma passed away of whom I called Farmor. So I just wanted to write a little something for her, and then I will proceed with writing about my travels another day.

The sun danced on to the horizon
and knocked at your door.
The birds hummed their usual song, frozen
you wish they were when you'd walk along the shore.
You would play your battery powered card games,
as you lighted up your beautiful deadly obsession.
You laughed a lot and sometimes confused our names,
but I didn't mind I thought it was funny, is this a confession?
The wide-eyed look that you'd give me
when I said something crazy,
Our chuckles gathered and collected like dust
and it would seem that our conversation was a little hazy.
I loved you so with your charm and grace.
I'll miss you thick and through and I will always remember that beautiful face.

Anyway I'm going to dinner, and I'll post something maybe later. Miss you all!

Till next time...

4 comments:

  1. She was a great woman!
    Have lots of funny and good memories from times spent with her!

    Love you Steph!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaww.... I miss her... that was great Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the bookstore Shakespeare & Co today... so I was in the mood to write a sonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stephanie, very nice poem. Love you.

    ReplyDelete