Thursday, February 25, 2010

Furro' Dance

So during the day wasn't exciting had French class, got really frustrated because of how long the class was and that I felt like I wasn't learning anything. I think it will get better soon.
Tonight I met up with a family friend Caroline and her boyfriend they were super nice and they gave us a lot of food, that was delicious. We had french food that Caroline explained to us what part of France it came from but I forgot hehe. Afterwards two of their friends joined us and we went to the bar Bizart. When I walked in I felt like I was in a scene out of Dirty Dancing Havana Nights. The bar had a Brazilian night where everyone danced this dance called the Furro' literally the sexiest dance I have ever seen. I am determined to learn it by the end of this trip. I felt like my jaw was on the floor the entire time watching these people move, it was insane. Every dance couple had their own style but all similar moves that was just beautiful. Debbie came with me and we both attempted to do it, she was way better then I. It's almost like a salsa dance just extremely harder and complicated but if you got the moves it looks so amazing.
Here is an example of it... its hard to imagine it because this is in a studio and not in a dim-lit bar with a live band and a lot of people dancing the same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNfL5NK14o&feature=related
but its like the club scenes in this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9keThUYOi7c&feature=related

Needless to say it was a lot of fun, and I want to go there every week.

1 comment:

  1. That's great Steph, sounds like your having fun. Watch the dancing.

    ReplyDelete