Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dad's Weekend

My dad came to visit!!! Him and Kim flew in on Saturday morning where we jump-started our weekend. All though it did rain on Saturday and Sunday during the day, Monday and yesterday were both absolutely beautiful. We did the the tourist things; Notre Dame, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, National Assembly, and a boat tour. While walking over the famous "love" bridge my dad decided that the accordion players aren't that good, and he could be better. The love bridge is a bridge where couples go and put locks on the railing with their name and their lovers to give them luck during their relationship, it's very cute, but if you don't know what its all about its kind of funny seeing all these locks. We went to dinner at Chez Flotte a restaurant near the Louvre, that was absolutely delicious. The first few minutes though when we were trying to order cocktails we had at least 4 different waiters come up to us to ask us what we were saying because they couldn't understand our english. The food was delicious, I had escargot, my fav!! We also went to this place in the same area called Buddha Bar that was one of the coolest restaurants I have ever been to. There was a huge Buddha in the center of the restaurant I'd say two stories tall. The lighting was very dim so it took us a little while to get used to it because it was still sunny outside when we walked in. The food was to die for, we had really yummy dumplings, shrimp, and crab/lobster cakes for an appetizer. I had seared tuna for dinner it was scrumptious. For dessert, I had sorbet it was the best sorbet I ever tasted. I had mango, lime and coconut.. yum!! I will definitely go back there.
So exciting news I am done with classes so soon! I have next week and then a two week spring break and then three weeks after that and I am done!! I'm mostly excited for spring break, I am going to Alicante, Barcelona, Athens, Santorini and Mykonos. I think that sounds like a pretty awesome vacay!! This weekend I am going to Loire Valley which is in France. There are a lot of castles there and I googled it and they look amazing. So there will definitely be a lot of picture taking. Its crazy how fast this semester is coming to a close. After spring break I am going to Normandy, then possibly Austria to visit some friends of my dad, and then its the last weekend where I am going to Ireland for a week and then heading home!! I am so excited. I love France but I am excited to say goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time, I just read your entire blog, looks like you have had some great experiences. Not sure I liked the one where you walked 2.2 miles at 3:30 in the morning, but glad it was in the past and now it s just a story. Can't wait to have you back, Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete