Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tights Galore

While walking around Paris today I was of course people watching to see what everyone else around me was wearing. One thing that I have noticed while doing this was that the women have an obsession with tights. I'm not complaining at all because tights are miracle blemish workers. I feel like when most people think of Paris they think of well sex-appealed, romantic fashion, and you do see that when it comes to the magazines. Like in this months French Vogue where they have a spread of this very beautiful model and in every picture you either see her breasts or her vagina. Yes I said her vagina, it seems to be a reoccurring theme in everything French a full naked woman is just as common as the cafes that blanket the streets of Paris. So the appearance of clothes is slim to none in high-fashion magazines, but in real life Paris there is plenty of clothes. They don't really show skin they cover it with tights and sweaters. One of the fashion statements that I have seen on numerous occasions here is the short and tight look, not even skin-tone tights but black ones. At first you ponder and look up and down to try and figure out why someone decided to do this. I think that it is cute as long as it is done the right way. I think jean shorts that have the ragged cuffs and light washes are a no-go for black tights but maybe something funky like neon prints or even skin-tone and a pair of converse. I think in order to have the black tights look work you should wear colored(grey, khaki, black, red, maybe even dark purple) twill shorts or clean cut dark jean shorts. I think this look could even be brought out in to night wear with a cute pair of heels and a flirty top accompanied with a cardigan.

Here is an option for a classy look...


Silk cargo shorts
Banana Republic
$69.50




















Sheer tight
Banana Republic
$15.00
















Caryssa
Steve Madden
$89.00





and for the easy daily look...











Embroidered Jean Cutoffs
Gap
$59.50










Couture Lace Tight
Kate Spade
$28.00









Converse Chuck Taylor® 'Sparkle' Sneaker
Converse
$59.95






Whatever you do, do not wear tights with the awkward line that is on the top part of your thigh with short shorts it is awkward and not necessary. It either means you are buying the wrong tights or your shorts are too short. To be clear I am a follower of the tight thing I'm all about it, but I haven't ventured to anything but skin-tone but maybe soon I'll try the Parisian way.

No comments:

Post a Comment